May 1, 2011

It's nice of my coworkers to think I'm turning 25, 26 or 27, nice indeed.

Birthdays are my favorite celebration, always full of love and chocolate cake.

Was a bit sad on the actual day, with big waves of homesick pangs hitting me. Didn't know what to expect, didn't know the best place to go, didn't really want to make a scene of it, and besides still making friends... made me wish I was at home surrounded by my favorite peeps.

When I arrived at work, I was serenaded by the early birds, who sang Happy Birthday, allowing me to do a dance as I walked to my desk. There was an afternoon tea with lots of sweets, and many a birthday wish sent my way. What an amazing day! I tried to not make a scene or tell anyone, but they found out anyways, and made the scene for me, letting me bask in my favorite celebration.

When I arrived home, I knew the bf and I would either stay in enjoying some bubbly and possibly making smores over the fire. Or if we were up for it after a long day of work, we'd get out on the town. Thankfully, he knows me like nobody's business, and made a booking (aka reservation) at a wine bar. Where the menu was literally twice the size of the dinner menu, in fact, I thought the dinner menu was the drinks list. Muchos jammy cab and buttery chard with stinky cheese was consumed. Does it get any better?


Photo1 (2)
Don't mind the green!


But my favorite moments? Arriving home after work, ready to fling myself onto the couch and possibly take a nap, but instead finding a bouquet of flowers (that he assembled himself so much so, that he even cut the stems - leaving them in sink for me to notice, and picking up a much needed vase) a wrapped present, chocolate cake, and sparkling chardonnay.

Sweet love indeed, and sweetly loved am I.


Photo1 (1)

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday Sara! Sounds like it was a great one. Cheers to many more birthdays with wonderful wine, flowers and surprises! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Morgan

    Thank you Morgan!! Had a great time and celebrated twice with the time change :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday with loads of special treats. Lucky gal!!!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you wandered by!