September 13, 2011

Pass the sunshine, please!

I used to miss the change of seasons. When we moved from Toronto to Los Angeles, the weather was very stepford-like, bright and consistently summer year round. It made me miss home (Toronto) and crave things like crisp cool fall air, or a dewy spring morning.

When we moved from Los Angeles to San Francisco, the weather was rainy and cold for two months straight. It made me miss the sun and the day after day sunny temps (even when stores posted snow flakes and mittens in their store fronts, LA didn't fool me).

When we moved (temporarily) from San Francisco to Vancouver, the weather was dry, cool, and wet. It made me miss the fog.

When we moved from Vancouver to New Zealand, the weather was windy, warm and cold at once.

And now all I miss is a consistent summer and some consistency in seasons!


Luckily spring is around the corner, tempting us...


photo 4


photo 3


photo 2


photo 1



And today made me miss things likes fro-yo, ballet flats without socks, skirts that aren't lined, wearing scarves as accessories, and carrying an umbrella justincase that rain cloud lets loose.


Hold the hail, please! I'm not used to a season change... but I hope tomorrow the sun comes out.


photo 1


photo 2


photo 3
Rare, just so rare to have such cold temps in Wellington!


But I'm thankful today included hot chocolate, tall leather boots, a lined dress, a wool coat that kept me warm when the winds tried to take me down, and carrying my wool hat* justincase that rain cloud lets loose. (*because an umbrella doesn't cut it in this windy weather!)

4 comments:

  1. yall have had such unusually cold temps this year (ok im just basing it on the snow yall previously had!!!)

    i thought about you last night! i was watching a norwegian dating show on tv (seriously nothing else to watch) and a new zealander man came on! he was cute too :) but anyways the boyfriend and i got into an argument about new zealand weather (neither of us have been there) and he said it was like Antarctica all the time in all places. i had to reassure him that wellington just had snow for the first time in 30 years. and he asked me how i knew about that...of course i had to say you!!!

    hope youre doing well girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MeganI hope it was a fun cheeky argument :P A lot of people have that assumption, that winter = cold cold cold. But there are 2 islands, and ironically the South Island is colder as it's closer to Antarctica, and the North Island is closer to Australia so I think warm even though North normally means cold from where I grew up! And snow is extremely rare is many areas, but there is snow that is common is other areas. Baffling I know, and then hail, wth?! Stay dry girl, and rock those gumboots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that spring is just around the corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Megan's comment! The first few pictures made me miss Wellington and then the ones of the hail...hmm... ;)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you wandered by!