September 1, 2011

ROK it out

Today is random act of kindness day in New Zealand. Or ROK for short, a ROK day is always a good day. It started out with a lovely sweet treat from a lovely sweet colleague who treated our team to some sweet goodies. Made my day!

And then at the end of the day, one of my favourite bloggers, Vanisha, awarded me the Liebster Award, and that made my day too! I'm pretty sure this award isn't for ROK, but it ROK's to me. Thank you Vanisha! She blogs about life in Fiji while completing her research studies, and her and hubby also do some amazing community work with children - very inspiring! She's a lovely commenter and I hope you check out her blog!




Liebster means dear, sweet, darling, beloved in German and in case you didn't know I'm part German, how fitting and great to learn something new! I don't speak German but would love to learn! I'm still getting a handling on kiwi-speak so bear with me.

The aim of the award is to bring more attention to blogs with fewer than 200 followers, that people think deserve some additional attention. (I have no idea how to tell how many followers people have, but I wanted to highlight some special bloggers to me who make this online world so much fun!)

There are a few rules in accepting this award:

1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them - Thank you so much Vanisha!
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Post the award on your blog.



Sara's Top 5 Picks For The Liebster Award:

Morgan at The Handcrafted Life
I've said it before, girl has got one heck of a shoe collection, and she loves animals, makes hilarious gifs, and rules at DIY projects - I always learns something cool. She also likes to wander around and enjoy weekend getaways, she's a planner to the max - we are kindred spirits. And bonus, I know her in real life, she's awesome!


Kim at High Heel City Streets
She's a lawyer living it up in San Francisco. She has great style and loves to celebrate. I love her weekend recaps and enjoy hearing about her latest getaways. I also met her in real life long before I had a blog and love that we are blogging buddies!


Leah at Chandeleah
She's a Kiwi living it up in Vancouver Canada, and as a Canuck I think it's pretty cool to hear about her life as we experience the exact opposite of everything! She keeps active and enjoys the working holiday life in Canada with her boyfriend. While we haven't met yet, I hope one day we end up in the same place at the same time and enjoy some vino over our shared adventures.


Jenny at Practically Perfect
She recently relocated to New Zealand, and I can't remember how I found her, but so glad I did. She lives opposite ends of the island from me, and I love reading about her day-to-day activities, not only because I can relate to her experiences but also enjoy the views from her side of this amazing country. She also has the cutest newborn baby with a hilarious passport picture!


Carolyn at Life in Graz
She's living life in Austria with her husband, and she has great stories of what it's like living there. She's made some expat friends while there, and shares what life can be like when you don't speak the language. Her daily outings and shopping experiences crack me up, and she takes great pictures of the city and her travels around town.


Hope all you ladies had a ROKing day too! Thanks for stopping by if you're a visitor from Vanisha, I appreciate you taking the time to visit my little part of the bloggy world.

7 comments:

  1. Fun! I found your blog from Vanisha. :) Congrats on your award. I think things like these are what make the blogging community so fun! Can't wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thank you! I'm so glad that you found my blog, too!!! And I love reading about your adventures in Welly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YAY!!! So sweet of you, I am definitely feeling the ROK vibes all the way over here. And never fear - we WILL meet, I am back in Wellington in March next year and I plan to take you for some amazing coffee and treats...

    I love your blog and wish I could Liebster you back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thank you! Just got back from a long day of traveling for work, so this made my day. I'm loving your blog, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Hannah! :) Thanks for the sweet link back Sara. I'm off to check out your picks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} Thanks Hannah for stopping by! I loved reading yours and glad we connected :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you wandered by!