December 20, 2011

Chocolately pepperminty goodness

Even though we have Starbucks here, it's not the same. And with the coffee culture in Wellington, Starbucks is looked down upon. It took me awhile to appreciate the delicious espresso in town, but I still order a USA. In fact, I order a medium in a large cup, so I can water down the espresso (it's strong!) and add in cold milk.

In a tangent... this caused a serious issue yesterday at the counter, when the cashier was thoroughly confused at my order. And annoyed. About my "complicated order that makes no sense". She even shook her head, rolled her eyes, and kept getting annoyed about it. (Note: I only ordered it once and the guy working the machine said, "got it" but she took issue with it for a few minutes, and then was getting frustrated over how to ring it up and complained about how the guy could "possibly get" why I wanted a larger cup... oh life.) Back to Starbucks.

While I miss pumpkin spice latte, my true love is a peppermint mocha. Sadly, no dice here. But the internets? The internets delivered. I forget where but I learned that you can steep a peppermint tea bag in a coffee, and the result? Amazing! To me. It's the small things no?



Mmm yummy chocolatey and pepperminty, just the way I like it.

1 comment:

So glad you wandered by!