December 19, 2011

I hear those sleighbells ringing...

We have two rules in the house... no Christmas music until after Kev's birthday. And no wrapping his present in Christmas paper. This year he milked two timezones and proclaimed I had to wait an extra day since technically it was still his birthday.

So happy birthday handsome guy, my best friend:



And Merry Christmas!!! Bring on the Christmas music. My all-time favourite songs:

1. All I Want For Christmas - Mariah Carey
Does this surprise you? In real life, this tidbit would be known from the moment we met. Of course this is my favourite song. And I even listen to it year round because Mariah Carey takes up a whole lotta space in itunes, and I like it on shuffle. Even with the Christmas songs.

2. Where are you Christmas? - Faith Hill
Just love her voice, and reminds me of Christmas at my moms. She's a country gal, and would blast this song, probably to drown out my horrible singing.

3. Feliz Navidad - Boney M
Because memories that include a cassette player will always rank high.

4. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas - Gayla Peevy
Seriously.

5. Jingle Bell Rock - any artist
What a bright time, it's the right time, To rock the night away...

... in reality I have way more than five all-time Christmas songs, but I'll stop here before you judge me. (Even more).

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Kevin! I love Christmas music too. "Baby, It's Cold Outside" and "Merry Christmas, Baby" are my favorite secular songs, and I love "O Holy Night" and "Do You Hear What I Hear?" also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I just found your blog and really like it, I'll definitely come back here :) By the way, I donn't doubt that Christmas 2010 was special and memorable! Hope you'll have a wonderful Christmas this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kim ooh good ones! I also love Baby, it's cold outside (especially the Jessica Simpson & Nick Lachey version - I'm a geek!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @New Life in Spain Thanks for stopping by and taking time to say hi! Hope you're getting excited for a wonderful Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you wandered by!