April 15, 2012

Small things

It's been an interesting month. I found myself uninspired. It was just a slump I know, but nothing frustrates me more than the groundhog daily ways that can overtake my fly by the seat of my pants random ways (aka I love flexibilty and possibilities, and fear the mundane details). I'm a true ENFP as the Myers-Briggs testing indicates.

So, I've been making changes. Small ones, but important ones to help me enjoy new experiences and discover inspiration. In the past month I've:

  • tried (and failed miserably) a juice detox (for 4 hours).
  • resigned from a not a good fit job role.
  • planned a trip home to see family and friends.
  • learned a new recipe and can whip up a poached egg with hollandaise sauce like it's nobody's business.
  • found a figgy pinot noir that I've longed for in New Zealand.
  • took time out to just be. Sit on the deck. Sit with friends. Sit with my love, and just be.
  • learned to enjoy a gluten free diet.
  • enjoyed a weekend roadtrip and can still rock out in car songs and put my my inner 16 year old self to shame (I blame Carly Rae Jepsen and her song Call Me Maybe - p.s. she's Canadian!)
  • looking forward to high tea for my birthday.
  • and have fallen in love with this photo.
A look back at some fav instagram pics... diptic
(Top left: Flying home from Christchurch, top right: Lake Wairarapa, bottom left: Oriental Bay beach, bottom right: curvy roads enroute to Martinborough)


Hope you've been finding inspiration in the small things too. Can't wait to catch up on all my fav blogs!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you've made it our of the slump. We all go through periods of feeling uninspired. Good for you for taking some time for yourself to focus on the things that make you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i completely can sympathize...on every aspect of what you wrote except knowing how to poach an egg...i dont know how to do that :)

    just keep positive and motivated and things WILL come together for you! and if you ever need someone to chat or vent with...im always here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the slump - but yay to finding ways to get out of it!! And new job?! That's always going to help.

    xxx L

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done so many things and they sound just perfect to bring about some inspiration. And a trip home? How exciting! When will you be going? Sending you much love <3

    ReplyDelete

So glad you wandered by!