July 14, 2012

Simple gratitude

Everyday I am thankful, I'm lucky for so many things, though as we get older it seems the two things we are most thankful for are loved ones and good health. It's easy to rant (I do this often, maybe too often) and need to keep my gratitude in check.

This week my mom has been dealt a difficult health card - positivity and prayers are filling my thoughts. I hate being so far from her that I can't hug her or hold her hand.

Read this on Fitnessista's blog today and thought I'd share.



I Am Thankful For…
…the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
…the taxes I pay because it means that I am employed.
…the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
…a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means that I have a home.
…the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.
…all the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
…my huge heating bill because it means that I am warm.
…the lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means I can hear.
…the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.
…the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I’m alive.
…weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.

5 comments:

  1. Sending hugs and warm wishes your way, and hoping everything is well with your mum.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sara, I'm thinking about your mum and your family. I hope you have enough information and help to get through it. It's so easy to take things for granted isn't it...I try to make an effort to be more conscious of things I'm grateful for everyday. Lots of hugs from windy Canberra (though we'd have nothing on Wellington!) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia Just logging into my account to reply but I had read your comment long ago. I'm ok, things are ok, I don't understand life sometimes and just trying to get by. Thanks for popping in, it means so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Leah Thanks Leah, just logging in to reply but read your comment a while back. Thanks for your wishes, I'm so happy for you in London that things are finally, eons later, coming together!!!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you wandered by!