April 6, 2013

25 things

And I'm back.



I re-read a 2009 note I left on my facebook page and it made me realise that no matter how much things change they really do stay the same. No matter how much time passes, things really are constant. And sometimes having constant in a crazy year is just what's needed.



A bit of nostalgia for me... 25 very random things about me. Circa 2009 and still very much 2013.



1. I have 3 middle names (my brother has 4)


2. My home away from home is a hotel. I've probably clocked a solid 2 years (365 days times 2!) of living in a hotel for work. And I like it that way.


3. At one point I had four jobs at the same time - now I know better, to stop and smell the roses.


4. I pay more attention to what people do instead of what they say - people never cease to amaze me, for better or for worse.


5. My ultimate goal in life is to become a beach bum and sell towels and flip flops, I'm sorta there.


6. One time a friend wanted to cheer me up after my parents divorce, they gave me a kitten and had stuffed in their coat pocket as a surprise, (but I knew about it).


7. It's actually really hard to surprise me, because I'm crafty like that, and I can figure things out. I also learned how to be a master present wrapper from the age of 4, when I found all my Christmas presents, and opened them all but wrapped them back up. That was the worst Christmas ever - finding out there is no Santa (and having to give fake tears 5 years later when my parents informed me!), and pretending to be oh so surprised over every gift I knew about (guess those acting classes later on were useless, considering I've been acting since I was 4).


8. Kevin gave me the nicest flowers that I've ever received, and it was a total surprise. For reals. I cried. Really.


9. I used to belong to the chickypoo club, a made-up club with two friends when we were 10.


10. The word "obviously" and "inferno" drive me insane. Nothing is ever as obvious to one person as it is to another, and I just don't like the word inferno.


11. I've nannyed for a family in Hollywood.


12. I still get carded. And once was pulled over at the age of 21 because the police officer believed I wasn't old enough to be driving.


13. a) Nothing embarrasses me that I do. I can fall in front of a crowd, slip down the stairs, walk into a post and laugh it off - but I can't stand it when others laugh at my expense and don't let me in on the joke.


13. b) I can walk into a screen door, ahem, walk right THROUGH the screen door, and bust out in happy tears because I can't believe I have what it takes to walk through screen doors. Good lord. Even better margaritas.


14. I've wanted to write a book about dating, long before "he's just not into you" because well, "maybe she's just not into you". My dad asked to never read it.


15. I know all the words to any booty song.


16. Have been told I have a man laugh - I like to think it's "hearty".


17. I can go to the movies and eat at a restaurant by myself. I'm "fearless" like that, and love meeting new people.


18. Once, I tried to fly like superman when I was 6 and almost lost an eye (have the scar and no eyebrow hair to prove it), popped a wheelie on a tricycle and split open my chin (scarred for life), hung upside down from a tree and broke my arm (no one believed me it was broken), I jumped off a swing set and tried to parachute with a garbage bag and hit the ground extremely hard, tried to shave my knees when I was 5 leaving tons of little scars from hacking them up.


19. The older I get, the more cautious, scared, and chicken I become.


20. I believe in lazy Sundays.


21. In Mexico, these little kids thought I was Britney Spears and followed me around, and recently a woman thought I was LeAnn Rimes. She wouldn't stop. I had to convince her that a singer probably would not be flying coach in row 24 next to the toilet. And then she asked me to sing... seriously? I can't. It's bad.


22. I don't like to watch a movie more than once - I don't see the point, unless I forget how it ends.


23. My favorite way to relax and getaway is to read.


24. I don't trust anything that involves a blow up boat, water, sharp rocks and a helmet. Do you?


25. Birthdays are holidays in my books. You all deserve an extra day off to celebrate.

1 comment:

  1. Number 21: you actually do look a little like LeAnn!
    #25 I agree, and thankfully so does my new job!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you wandered by!