May 3, 2013

Sadness

My Dziadzia (grandpa) passed away yesterday. It hurts so much. And the sound of my dad crying is heartbreaking. Being so far away makes everything harder. Tears, they burn.

In sadness, kindness lingers.

My friends, precious friends who know just what to say, who send flowers with kind words, and friends who stock your home with Hershey kisses, because maybe they help. And they do. They act as breakfast when you wake up feeling like a zombie and can't function.

I have a lot of great memories, and I love this sunny photo from my last visit. I hope he's resting in peace, and visiting with my sister and my Oma on my moms side.

Love you Dziadzia. You made us all laugh with your fake wallet so you couldn't be robbed of real money, and you always beat us in chess with your swift cheating ways, which always ensured another round so we could try to win. You will be missed dearly.




3 comments:

  1. Oh Sara, my heart breaks for you. I hope with each new day you recall old memories and that with each day and each new recollection it's easier to smile and celebrate the life that was lived. I lost my nanna last year and it hurt in a way that I didn't expect it to. I'm here if you need to talk, though by the sounds of it, your friends are doing an amazing job. I'm thinking of you xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how hard it is being away from your family during this difficult time. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so sorry for loss. losing a loved one is the hardest.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you wandered by!