January 6, 2014

Cheers to a new year

Happy new year! I love the start of the year, the feeling of trying new things and tackling them with positivity. Last year was filled with heartbreak and loss, so I'm counting on this year to bring joy.  Literally. My nephew will make his debut in May, so there will be much joy to welcome in a few months.

I was thinking my word for this year could be growth or learning, but I'm feeling joy. Live joy, make joy, and enJOY.

I'm home in Canada for the holidays, enjoying an extended Christmas holiday until the end of January. Then it's back to work and start a new job. But before then, there's a few more weeks of relaxing, visiting family, a side trip to Las Vegas and celebrating a friends wedding leftover enjoy.


Home is full of snow, which makes me ridiculously happy. Without sounding cheesy, there's something magical about staying up late to watch the snow fall outside. And made better with a cup of baileys hot chocolate. Lots of baileys to make up for the cold.

I love living in New Zealand but I sure do miss snow during the holidays. It's great to be home.

Happy 2014 to you, may this be the year you find your joy.


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Sara! I'm so happy to hear that you got to spend the holidays in the snow. Wishing you a wonderful 2014 in New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lovely, just wanted to check in to see how you've been doing :) Drop me a line when you have a moment, if you like xoxox

    ReplyDelete

So glad you wandered by!